Mushrooming + poker = ?

OK, this was a real challenge for me. I was supposed to make a male card for a guy who often goes for mushrooming and then he likes to play cards with the others mushroom lovers. Does it have any connection???
I decided to make this card according to Totally Gorjuss's sketch:
 
I've changed the dimensions a little, but hope it still counts.
 The cards are real and they are covered with plastic. Fortunately I found a tutorial lately which gave me an inspiration how to make the 'plastic' card from ordinary paper card. You have to emboss it! Totally! Hope you can see it.
 I also stamped the card with a B'day sentiment - it was not easy to stamp a plastic card. I embossed the sentiment to protect it.
The yellow-red-blue twine is made by me from 3 separate twines in the manner I remember from my childhood. My mum made tons of knitting stuff (I hate knitting!), and I had to help her sometimes with wool clewing or making such twisted strings. As we say here: the teaching didn't escape to forest (even though all the mushrooms did) :D
Want some mushrooms? Or card game? Feel free to join me here:
http://totallygorjuss.blogspot.com/2012/07/challenge-139-its-sketch.html
http://paperplaychallenges.blogspot.com/2012/07/12-week-27-happy-birthday.html 
http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.com/2012/07/primary-colour-challenge.html 
http://rubysrainbow.blogspot.com/2012/07/rubys-rainbow-ch32.html 
http://bythecuteandgirly.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/june-day-at.html the mushrooming! :D

8 komentarze:

Basslady 9 lipca 2012 17:26  

what a totally clever and cool card!

thanx a lot for playing along with us at ruby's rainbow challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Kat 9 lipca 2012 23:56  

Hi Anna, great card, very inventive. Love how you've embossed the "playing cards". Love how you've managed to combine the recipients interests. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Geraldine 10 lipca 2012 12:24  

Great "Man" card, Anna. A lot of thought went into it. Love the 3 colour twine.
thank you for joining in BTC&G's "A day at..." challenge.
Geraldine

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) 10 lipca 2012 15:22  

Well you certainly came up with a brilliant card for your card playing mushroom picker! He will love it, so much thought has gone into it.Thanks so much for joining us at Delightful Challenges for our "Primary Colours" Challenge - hope to see you again for our next challenge, hugs Susan x

Rosalien Zwackhalen 11 lipca 2012 18:44  

What a womnderful card.Love that you used the playing cards onto your card. :)
Thanks for joining DC.

Hugs, Rosalien

Brigitte 12 lipca 2012 00:29  

That was a hard combo to make but you did a fantastic job!!! Thanks for joining us this month at BTC&G and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

Debbie 13 lipca 2012 20:46  

What a great card.So clever. Great embossing.Thanks for joining us over at Ruby's Rainbow Embossing challenge.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

shaz earl 15 lipca 2012 12:30  

Fabulous card
Thank you for joining in the fun at Ruby’s Rainbow challenges for our * Emboss It * challenge
Hope you will join us again
Hugs Shaz x

Prześlij komentarz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I design for

I design for

I design for

design team

I design for

I design for

And last but not least

And last but not least

Contact me at

annashandmadecards (at) gmail (dot) com

COPYRIGHTS

All the pics of cards posted here & the cards itselves were made by me, with my own hands. It would be an honour for me if you take them as your inspiration. You may post my pics on your blog, but only under condition, that you'll link them here, where they belong. Posting my cards as your own work is forbidden and will be punished according to author's rights.

My wonderful Followers!

Challenge Blogs

Obsługiwane przez usługę Blogger.