Christmas in August

OK, back to reality.
Last two weeks I spent on wonderful holiday visiting Croatia & Slovenia, peninsula Izola. Beautiful place, sun, delicious food and wonderful, friendly people.
So my posts of last two weeks were written under an umbrella by the pool. LOL Fortunately I had some never published cards in my laptop, and it appeared they suit just perfect for some challenges. There was a free wi-fi all around, so no problem to stay tuned.

Anyway, I've jumped from summer holiday to Christmas, as we're having a
Challenge #75: Christmas in August
at
Photobucket
Yes, that's right!  We want to give you another chance to get a jump start on those Christmas cards.  July should not be the only month allowed!  So, go ahead and show us your Christmas creations, take the opportunity to not be a procrastinator this year!!!!  You have time until Sunday, August 19th @ 11:59pm (EST). To enter click HERE.

My DT card was clean & simple this time and the idea was to use fabric circles and create a X-mas tree.
I sewed the whole thing with my own hands using needle and thread.
A little explanation: this is a star, that in our tradition is being carried by carollers. There is a pic of traditional carollers: http://wandasawicka.pl/foto/54.jpg They go from door to door singing carols and get money for that (or in the olden days: food) - something like 'trick or treat', but during X-mas. The star is being placed on a toothpick, wrapped with two threads.
The sentiment says 'Merry X-mas' of course!
 This card is also for the following challenges:

12 komentarze:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe 14 sierpnia 2012 12:54  

Stunning creation, fantastic idea!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

KraftyKoolKat 14 sierpnia 2012 13:55  

Fabulous creation sweetie. Very unique. Thank you so much for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this time and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Lydia 14 sierpnia 2012 14:05  

Really love that tree! Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

Esther 14 sierpnia 2012 15:46  

Beautiful tree you created, clever idea with the fabric circles!!!!

tellana 14 sierpnia 2012 16:11  

Lovely card and that Christmas tree looks just fab!
Thank you for participating in this week's FD Fabulous Friday challenge.
Liva ❤

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) 14 sierpnia 2012 16:46  

wow great idea!
thanks for joining us ata MTTC!!!

Unknown 14 sierpnia 2012 18:11  

oh my what a super fun christmas card thanks for joining in with our challenge over at Crafty catz..hugs sassyxxx

Curly 15 sierpnia 2012 09:44  

Thank you so much for joining us at the Crafty Catz Anything Goes Challenge with this superb creation,

I do hope you will come on over and join in the fun with us again next week,

Have a lovely day
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Rachel 15 sierpnia 2012 20:55  

Fab card Anna, very unusual.
Rachel xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. 18 sierpnia 2012 09:37  

Fantastic card hugs Ginny ♥

Helen 18 sierpnia 2012 20:55  

Fabulous card - great idea!
Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Lucianna Dilsaver 21 sierpnia 2012 07:48  

I love the dimension you have given it and the softness of the fabric, really pretty :)

Prześlij komentarz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I design for

I design for

I design for

design team

I design for

I design for

And last but not least

And last but not least

Contact me at

annashandmadecards (at) gmail (dot) com

COPYRIGHTS

All the pics of cards posted here & the cards itselves were made by me, with my own hands. It would be an honour for me if you take them as your inspiration. You may post my pics on your blog, but only under condition, that you'll link them here, where they belong. Posting my cards as your own work is forbidden and will be punished according to author's rights.

My wonderful Followers!

Challenge Blogs

Obsługiwane przez usługę Blogger.