Folk inspired

This card was made for my friend's mom, who's turning 75 this year, and she worked at CEPELIA for many years. CEPELIA is a kind of a shop with Polish arts & crafts made by people, who deal with folk art. There you can buy some original souvenirs from Poland.
So I used mostly the white & red colors (flag of Poland), but also some colors characteristic for Polish folk: blue, orange, green, yellow. The motiv under the age comes from a part of Poland called Lowicz and it's very characteristic one. I also used a paper doily, which is characteristic for Polish folk art, too, especially those crochet ones (my mom can do it).
I also used some sequins, they are typical, too, especially at women's outfit from Cracow at some kind of a west. You can find an example HERE. The flower are made with different punches, and the number has been generated by me at Word Art. LOL
There is a little doily inside too plus a sentiment 'For your B'day - this is your day'.
Anyone for folk dance? Join me here dancing TROJAK (our regional dance) in the following challenges:

Also a quick reminder of our amazing new challenge at
Photobucket 
I scream for Ice Cream!!!
 How hard could that be? Just enter HERE.

15 komentarze:

Meighan Wheller 5 sierpnia 2012 15:15  

A wonderful bright birthday card Anna. Such great detail inside and out! Thanks for joining us at Come and Get It this week for our Adult Birthday card challenge. Regards Meighan

iReneM 5 sierpnia 2012 17:13  

This is so beautifully bright and cheerful, Anna.
A super card to celebrate a milestone birthday.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
x

Ciska 6 sierpnia 2012 05:01  

What a stunning creation, you've thought about every little detail each with its own meaning. Thank you for playing along with our Birthday Challene @ Delightful Challenges :)

Judy McKay 6 sierpnia 2012 16:18  

Anna, very beautiful unique card. I see the Polish influence throughout the card. I have two very close Polish friends (my daily walking partners) and your card reminds me of the art on their walls and the doilies and runners on their tables. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

Linby 6 sierpnia 2012 21:09  

What a lovely bright card, thank you for sharing with us at Cardmadfairy.
Lynn x
DT

Rom-a 7 sierpnia 2012 01:08  

śliczna i elegancka jestem nią zachwycona!

Martina 7 sierpnia 2012 15:48  

wow that card rocks! thanks so much for joining us over at CUYL!

xo Martina

Ani 7 sierpnia 2012 18:05  

Stunning card! I love it! Greetings from Bulgaria, Ani
P.S. We have a candy over at Card Mania Challenges, if you're interested...

Larelyn 9 sierpnia 2012 02:53  

Oh, this is just amazing. I love that you followed the folk art traditions - makes it so special. Thanks for sharing at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Im just me - Marleen 9 sierpnia 2012 15:37  

A beautiful card. Thank you for entering the Stamping w the Dragon challenge xxx

Ann Whitfield 9 sierpnia 2012 19:20  

Beautiful card Anna, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Anonimowy 10 sierpnia 2012 19:35  

Wow so very colourful. Well done. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us on Come and Get It this week.

mandy 11 sierpnia 2012 15:03  

Fab card Hun love the colors :)

Thanks for joining us at 2Sisters Challenge

Hugs Mandy xxx

Kym's Crafty Cards 16 sierpnia 2012 23:19  

You have made a lovely card which fits our challenge well. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Crafty Ann's Design Team xxx

Berry 18 października 2012 10:20  

Gorgeous and bright Thanks for playing at CS hugs Rebekah xx

Prześlij komentarz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I design for

I design for

I design for

design team

I design for

I design for

And last but not least

And last but not least

Contact me at

annashandmadecards (at) gmail (dot) com

COPYRIGHTS

All the pics of cards posted here & the cards itselves were made by me, with my own hands. It would be an honour for me if you take them as your inspiration. You may post my pics on your blog, but only under condition, that you'll link them here, where they belong. Posting my cards as your own work is forbidden and will be punished according to author's rights.

My wonderful Followers!

Challenge Blogs

Obsługiwane przez usługę Blogger.