Cock-a-doodle-doo!

As I mentioned before, I have been chosen as a Guest Design Team Member for 
Photobucket 
So this is the day of the first challenge for me there and the theme is
ON THE FARM
Yes, it's all about animals, haystacks, country hats... you know it best!
The sponsor for this challenge is
http://robynsfetish.com/shop/includes/templates/classic/images/header_bg.jpg 
and I've chosen the 'Roxanne da Rooster' digi stamp for my card.

Now there will be a story (just scroll down if it's boring) LOL
The rooster is not a simple rooster for my generation. It's the symbol of martial law. In 1981, on 13th December (Sunday) I was one of those kids waiting for they Sunday morning TV show called 'Teleranek' ('TV Morning'). The program always started with a rooster making 'cock-a-doodle-doo'.

But instead of the rooster, this man appeared on the screen saying that the martial law has been brought in Poland and it looked really serious.

I was only 6 years old and didn't exactly realise what just happened. I asked my Mom and she said that there could be a war in our country. That's all I remember of that day.
And I don't know how my parents did that, but all I can say is that I've had a wonderful childhood. We were poor, but ALL the people were, so it didn't matter for us - kids. My fiance lived near the railway station and he remembers the trains with tanks passing by. I don't remember such things.
Next thing I remember is: queing for a few hours to buy anything, curfew, ration cards and salted butter from gifts distributed from charity in churches. Yuk!
Fortunately we're having a totally different country now!
End of story...

OK, now onto my card.
Please meet Roxanne da Rooster:
This card has been made according to the sketch from Crafty Ribbons Challenge:

The theme is 'on the farm', so I collected and tighten together some things related to the farm & rooster: feathers, ears of corn and raffia.
 I've colored the stamp with watercolors and wanted to reach that effect of feathers, but Roxanne looks more like it's wearing a sweater... a very stylish sweater LOL
The flowers are made of felt and come from a cup holder.
I also used an early autumn color palette, 'cos this is the season of the year here.
Join this fun challenge, 'cos it's worth to join!
I'm also joining:

7 komentarze:

pinky 7 września 2012 22:01  

Wow what a splash of colour, I love it. Love the added texture. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.

heidy 7 września 2012 23:48  

What a fab card!!
Thanks for joining us at CCT this week!
Heidy

Vickie ODell 8 września 2012 00:01  

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm a retired teacher, so you're the age of my children. I've always prayed for the people of Poland and I'm so glad that marital law is a thing of the past. Your barnyard card is certainly bright and happy, like I hope your country's future will be. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Perfect Sentiment.

carol 8 września 2012 17:05  

Super card, thanks for playing with our sketch at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

Unknown 10 września 2012 13:35  

What a super card. I love how you used those feathers and what a super cute cockerel too. Thanks for using our sketch this time at Crafty Ribbons.
hugs
Dawn xx

Unknown 12 września 2012 13:08  

So bright and cheerful! Love the bundle of feathers & wheat! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!

gina g 13 września 2012 01:25  

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this week. luv gina xx

Prześlij komentarz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I design for

I design for

I design for

design team

I design for

I design for

And last but not least

And last but not least

Contact me at

annashandmadecards (at) gmail (dot) com

COPYRIGHTS

All the pics of cards posted here & the cards itselves were made by me, with my own hands. It would be an honour for me if you take them as your inspiration. You may post my pics on your blog, but only under condition, that you'll link them here, where they belong. Posting my cards as your own work is forbidden and will be punished according to author's rights.

My wonderful Followers!

Challenge Blogs

Obsługiwane przez usługę Blogger.